Privacy, Cookies and Email Policy
Brookside Nursery Ltd are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998)
We collect information about you for 2 reasons: firstly, to process your order and second, to provide you with the best possible service.
We will not share your details with other parties to be used for marketing purposes.
We do not sell, rent, share, trade or give away personal information about our customers unless we are required to do so by law or to other companies which perform specific functions on our behalf, such as the delivery of parcels. When we disclose information to these service providers, it is purely to help them perform their service. For example, we may pass on your address details to our Parcelforce or Royal Mail to enable them to send you your products. Or, in the case of credit card payment, our payment provider Worldpay will take your information in order to process payment for your items.
The type of information we may collect about you includes:
- Your name
- Phone number
- Email address
- Credit/debit card details
- Your IP address
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent. The information we hold will be accurate and up to date.
Brookside Nursery Ltd are registered with the Information Commissioner as a data controller.
You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies, we will delete or correct it promptly.
The personal information, which we hold, will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law. If we intend to transfer your information outside the EEA (European Economic Area) we will always obtain your consent first. We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. This can include using a "cookie" which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings.
Our site contains links to other sites. Brookside Nursery Ltd are not responsible for the privacy practices, or the content, of those web sites.
If you have any questions/comments or concerns about privacy, please email email@example.com
Cookies set by Brookside Nursery
When browsing the internet and using online services, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your web enabled device, this includes small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
Cookies are used to improve services for you, for example:
- Enabling a site to recognise your web enabled device so you don’t have to repeat information already given
- Recognising that you may already have username and password so you don’t need to enter this every time your requested
- Measuring how many people are using the site, so usability can be improved.
You can read more about these small files yourself, via the following link Internet browser cookies - what they are and how to manage them.
If you received a marketing email from Brookside Nursery and do not wish to receive any more, you may use the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of that email. Alternatively, please send an email to Customer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
The following conditions can result in you receiving email communications from Brookside Nursery Ltd:
- you created an account at the Brookside Nursery website
- you purchased one or more items from Brookside Nursery Ltd
- you subscribed to the Brookside Nurserey newsletter mailing list
- you requested a catalogue from Brookside Nursery Ltd
- someone that you know visited the Brookside Nursery website, created a wishlist and sent it to you
- someone that you know visited the Brookside Nursery website and used the 'email this page to a friend' function
- you placed items in your basket but did not complete the order.
If you received email from Brookside Nursery and you feel that none of the above conditions have been met, you may send an email to register a complaint: email@example.com